The premise of the project is to create the Robtito robot with 7-year-olds from the FabLab Academy curriculum modules of the Center for Bits and Atoms at MIT. The idea is to have a basic insight into the process of a manufacturing laboratory, practices and materials that we use in the laboratory through a learning methodology based on problem resolution (PBL). The objective of each module is to learn the skills of a digital manufacturing laboratory. The documentation is written to be followed and understood by the small.
Each module has a duration of 1h.
Since 7 years
Module 1: Design, make and document a press-adjusting construction kit (Ordinator-controlled garlic)
- In this module we'll create the prototype of Robtito's body, head and legs, which has been used as a learning experience to create with aluminum in the near future.
- For the body, head, arms and neck we use MakerCase (https://www.makercase.com/).
- We will export the files to a .svg which can then be manipulated in Inkscape to prepare the file in an 80 cm by 50 cm corrugated cardboard to fit the laser cutter.
- Once the files of the head, body, legs and arms are all combined into the corrugated cardboard.
- Archives have in red cut and in blue for engraving, we can proceed to export the file as a dxf format to cut the laser cutter program.
- Corrugated cardboard
- Flat filament (hands, joints and feet).
- Arduino Nano
- A loudspeaker (robotic body) Miniature Flux - Speaker, 8 - - SP-23/4RDP
- A proximity sensor ( Robot Eyes) Rohs Sharp GP2Y0A21YK