Participants will build a rubber band car and put it to the test while learning about the principles of energy and the two most global forms in which it occurs: potential energy and kinetic energy.
6 per monitor
Approximate cost: €1 to €2 p/ participant
Potential Energy and Kinetic Energy
- Introduction to energy, what it is and examples of how it manifests itself in the universe.
- Potential energy and kinetic energy, the value of kinetic energy as a renewable energy source.
- The value of understanding what energy is and how it manifests itself in order to apply this knowledge in our own inventions of mechanics, robotics, engineering, chemistry...
- Prototyping and iteration: the value of prototyping to learn from failures, retest and test improvements with each iteration.
- The value of working with recycled material: giving a surprising new purpose to materials that we use in other contexts and for other purposes.
- Wooden sticks
- Silicone guns
- Cutter and scissors